If you are familiar with MW Addon you know how useful it can be managing your day to day routine of repetitive tasks in Mafia Wars! If not: Read This Post About MW Addon and it's various features! Well if there is a feature that happens to be available through a bookmark-let that you happen to like, but isn't included in MW Addon then this feature is just what you are looking for!
Here are the steps to install a bookmark-let into MW Addon:
note: if you already have the bookmark-let "installed" in your browser just right click and copy the bookmark-let and skip to the 4th step where you can start adding the bookmark-let to the plug-in manager window.
- Go to the bookmark-let site of your choosing such as Spockholm or choose from my list of bookmark-lets I have on my blog (located in the links section at the top of the page) and find a bookmark-let that you are interested in installing (For the purpose of the example I will be showing you how to install Assassin-A-Nator)
- After it opens the panel at the bottom of the screen it will take you to the area of code that you have chosen to inspect, right click the link relevant to the bookmark-let and click edit attribute. Generally the object will be highlighted blue as is shown below.
- Once the link only is showing up highlighted as pictured below you can hit CTRL-C to copy it to your clipboard. If for some reason it doesn't automatically select the text after hitting edit attributes you can select it by holding down you left click button and drag across the desired text like you normally would to highlight any other kind of text on a web page.
- Now it's time to open up the Plug-In Manager Settings Window. Just open your MW Addon window by moving your mouse of the Green Arrow and Click the Plug-In Manager from the menu.
- Once the Settings window has loaded you can click Add New plugin and Enter a name for the bookmark-let and paste the code you have copied into the window below. Then click save and if that is the only bookmark-let you want you can click the small X in the upper-right hand corner to exit. Otherwise just repeat the previous steps to add more Plug-Ins.
- Now you can load the MW Addon Menu and when you go to Plug-Ins you will see the list of Bookmark-lets you have added and can click whichever one you want to run without having to be Unframed!
- As you can see I am running Assassin-a-Nator in the normal "Framed" version of Mafia Wars inside facebook.